"The debate is over. The science is settled." announced Al Gore. That's debatable.
2. Supposedly Don Imus is returning from his forced hiatus. I really don't care. I just stumbled across this cool little drawing of him banished into the corner. I was looking for an excuse to use it, then lo and behold he got himself a job. Thank you, Don.
3. Perspective is a good thing to have in your life. It keeps you from overreacting in some instances, and aids you in always prioritizing the most important things in life. Red Sox outfielder Manny Ramirez made the following statement in reference to the possibility of the Sox being eliminated from the playoffs, "If it doesn't happen, who cares. There's always next year. It's not like it's the end of the world." Fans and some sportscasters are going nuts, accusing him of not caring. I disagree. He has perspective. He's acknowledging the fact that his life, and no one else's life should revolve around a sports team's fortunes. Manny actually said something intelligent.
4. Along the same line, the next time you're in line at the grocery store or at a fast food joint try not to become so irritable. Having worked retail in years gone by, I have witnessed so many people nearly have heart attacks because they were inconvenienced in some way. Next time you start to feel yourself becoming impatient think of something positive. Is it a nice day today? Have you been having a good day so far? What exciting and good things are going on in your life in general? Is your life really so horrible that you have to rail about these meaningless moments in life? Just something to think about.
5. On this day in history, in 1867, the United States officially took possession of Alaska. For a mere $7.2 million dollars, we purchased the Alaska Territory from Russia. At the time most people believed it to be a waste of America's money and resources. People referred to it as "Seward's Folly". However the discovery of gold, oil, and its scenic beauty soon turned that "folly" into a steal. I wonder what the Russian's used that money on.
6. Thank you for allowing me to waste some of your precious minutes. Good night.
1 week ago