There's a certain comfort that comes from being average.
- It's comfortable to "just get by." Doing more would require more effort.
- It's comfortable to always do what you've always done. Why change the way you do business when you've always done it that way?
- It's comfortable to just believe what the preacher says. It takes a little more work (thought, study, etc.) to find out if the preacher is right.
- It's comfortable to keep a tradition. To change or challenge a tradition would most likely rock the boat. Who wants that?
- It's comfortable to stay in that job you despise because it pays the bills. Changing your job situation for the better would mean more work initially. An updated resume. Job searching. Phone calls. Looking your best. Interviews.
- It's comfortable to go through the motions of your life. Actually challenging yourself to accomplish more, learn more, and grow more in life would be... well... challenging.
- It's comfortable to stand in the middle. Taking a stand requires thought, having an opinion, and usually believing in something.
"Dreams can often become challenging, but challenges are what we live for." ~ Travis White