Saturday, January 26, 2008

Do You Realize?


Just Appeared There One Day..., originally uploaded by drewmaniac.

My senior year in high school was spent actually enjoying classes. It was the first time in a long time I was doing that. In fact, it was the first time I didn't stress too much about getting my work done. Not because I didn't do it, but because I was able to do it and have fun. I had enough credits to graduate early, but I chose to take classes I thought I could learn by having a little fun with. So I took things like World Foods where we cooked food from all over the world, and then ate it! I also took a creative writing class. This was one of the more enjoyable classes I had. My teacher allowed me to let loose. He challenged us each day by reading what we had wrote the night before on the subject he wanted us to write on, and then assigning another in class writing project. Our pencils went to work, and it was always entertaining to hear what people came up with. Each day, I found myself looking forward to 6th hour.

Blogging has had me flashing back to that class from time to time. I like the freedom. I look forward to crafting my next post. I like the ability to assign myself something, and get to work on it through the written word. In the beginning I was worried about all sorts of things. I wasn't letting go and just writing. So, in the coming months I want to write posts that are valuable to you, the reader. I like taking observations from life, history, and other areas and finding some way to express them with the written word that will be beneficial to everyone.

Do I expect my posts to always be exceptional or even beneficial? No. Well, I expect it but I am a realist. I know sometimes you're going to read a post (maybe this one) and ask yourself where those last couple of minutes of your life just went. In the end, however I hope to simply help you take a break from the doldrums of life itself.

In the coming weeks and months I have a few projects up my sleeve. Believe it or not, I am not writing to just scream my thoughts to the world. I have had some goals and ideas in mind from the very beginning. It was just a matter of crafting my master plan (it doesn't involve taking over the world, although that would be nice). Some things have happened recently that have me realizing I can achieve these goals.

In the meantime, I hope to continue to provide content that is worth your time. I always welcome suggestions and helpful hints. I have always believed it's a good thing to receive a little constructive criticism from time to time. It can be very beneficial and open your eyes to new opportunities.

Alright, I am through taking up your time! Carry on as you were!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've looked your site up through google a few times now, and each time I do it moves even closer to the top of the list. You're at number 2 now.