Sunday, January 13, 2008

Quotables of January


IMG_0001 (!)
Originally uploaded by Mareen Fischinger

A while back I created a post entitled Quotables. This is like that one. From here on it is my intention to have one post a month with just a few quotes about various things. Profound, inspirational, or funny I have always been one to write down a good quote. I like it when something gets my brain cranking, especially if it's a quote. Sometimes I don't even agree with what the person said, but he or she said it in such a way that I said, "Wait just a minute..." and then my brain was off and running. Maybe I'll stumble across some that are worth your while as well. So without further delay, here is this month's quotes.



“Most of the important things in the world have been accompanied by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ~ Dale Carnegie

“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” ~ Mark Twain

“The true measure of a man is not how he behaves in moments of comfort and convenience but how he stands at times of controversy and challenges.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments: