Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sky Blue Sky


Coxies In Santa Cruz
Originally uploaded by drewmaniac
I'm growing restless. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my job. I'm happy with where I am at right now in my professional life. I look back and remember where I was just a little over two years ago (broke, a low paying job, and not much direction) and am very thankful for the opportunities I have. The job I have now has helped me gain a little bit of stability. Stability that was badly needed.

My current employment certainly wasn't where I expected to ever end up (trucking? Seriously?), but it's helped me along quite nicely so far. Which is why I'm beginning to examine some other avenues. I have big dreams. I'm not going to lie. Probably many of them unattainable, but I see no need not to work hard for some of them. I have finally figured out some things I love to do. I'm told I am not too bad at them either, and I'm just foolish enough to believe it. Which helps in setting some goals for the future. I don't feel like delving too much into all the details for the time being, but they involve writing professionally for one.

I know, a starving artist. It's true I would be very fortunate to get a job that allowed me to write full time, and paid the money I make now. However, I see no reason I should not try my hand at it on the side and see what doors may open along the way. After all, that's how I got the job I have now. I had a door opened for me, and I walked through. I have some doors opening again, and I'm thinking I should take the plunge...

Any feedback on this post is welcome. Tell me I'm crazy. Tell me I should go for it. It will be interesting for me to hear it from you. Not to mention, it would be helpful as well.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it!

P.S. Sorry about the iPod.

Chris said...

You know where I land on this subject... plus, there is no greater crusher-of-dreams than the place you go to now everyday. I'll be glad to say "I knew him when..."