Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night...

It's raining. It's been raining for hours. When I went to bed around nine or so, it was raining. It had been raining for hours then. I woke up around one, and it was still raining. I'm up now and getting ready for the day at hand. It's still raining. I'm pretty sure this is going to result in some flooding.

In some ways, I guess we could use a little rain. Especially since we're on the brink of spring. But, too much of a good thing is almost always a bad thing. It's true with rain and so many other things in life. There's lot's of food that is really good, but lot's of good food is a really bad thing. I'm aware of this, first hand. Fast food joints bank that every time, you will want more of their good thing (I'm using that term loosely), so for a small fee they will Biggie size your food for you! That's almost always a bad idea for the consumer. Even water can kill you if you drink too much of it! Did you realize that?

Too much of a good thing can lead to obsession, or even addiction. Usually those traits in a person are self destructive, unless stopped before things get out of control. This rain right now? I'd say it's out of control.

So what is it you seem to be clamoring for more and more of? Is it good, or is it too much of a good thing? It might not hurt to take a step back and downsize.