So your day didn't quite go as planned. Now what? You carefully crafted your goals, but somewhere along the way some unexpected events have either slowed or crushed them. How are you going to react?
Things don't always go as planned. In fact, sometimes it can feel as if they rarely do. How do you react? How should you react? Here are a few ways that I think can be helpful in dealing with plans gone wrong:
- Allow for changes in your goals ahead of time.
- Be flexible, even if accomplishing your goal is a must.
- Don't worry about possible deterrents. Worrying about something that may never happen will only slow you and could cause a minor distraction to appear to be much more than it is
- Stay focused on your goal and deal with the distraction calmly.
- Remain calm.
- Resist the temptation to become angry or frustrated at the turn of events.
- Have a sense of humor about your sudden change in plans.