Monday, July 28, 2008

10 Sure Signs You're Married


Top Of The World
Originally uploaded by drewmaniac

As most of you know, I've recently married. I realize all newlyweds go through an array of adjustments to their lives due to marriage. My wife and I are no different. In fact, in some ways I think my adjustments were probably greater than someone who marries young because I had lived out on my own for 10 years already. I was pretty set in my ways of doing things.

There were adjustments I was ready for. Then there were some unexpected adjustments as well. All of which I wouldn't trade for anything, of course. Then there's the little things that change. The things that you (as a husband) never thought you'd do, say, or actually adjust to. I've compiled a short list of things to be on the lookout for. If you are experiencing some of these things, as a guy, you're almost certainly married.

  1. There's yogurt in your refrigerator.
  2. Your refrigerator is full... of real food that has to be cooked!
  3. Suddenly there's no down time. Lot's of things need to get done!
  4. If you have a one car garage (like us), your car/truck gets left out in the weather. Always.
  5. Nothing is ever where you left it. Even if you just set it down a few minutes ago.
  6. Your clothes were always around and you knew where they were. Now they're "organized".
  7. You now know what the word "organize" means.
  8. There's only one way to fold a towel.
  9. You come home and you think you're at the wrong house. Everything is neatly organized and clean!
  10. You are given a brief rundown from time to time of what was on Tyra, Oprah, and other shows you never dreamed would air on your television. Whether you wanted to be briefed or not.

3 comments:

Jon in OKC said...

Aye, ye a lucky man. It's a worthy trade off.

Anonymous said...

"Oh you're about to fall asleep? Let me ask you ten questions!"


--Jim Gaffigan

Anonymous said...

Nothing mentioned about pride being knocked down and giving in to things you know aren't right? haha.

I do like the Gaffigan quote posted. Quite relevant.