Monday, July 14, 2008

Challenge Yourself


banned or challenged
Originally uploaded by *wanderlust*

To be tested, or challenged can prove to be a very positive thing in one's life. I think we're all smart enough to understand that. Yet very few seek out a challenge. We're satisfied with the comfortable. We prefer the easy road. We'd rather be settled. As a result, there can come a point in our lives when we just stop growing. We stop learning new things. We must guard against this complacent attitude on a daily basis. One of the best ways to do so is to challenge ourselves.

Challenge - A test of one's abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking.

That's the definition I think goes best with the point I am trying to make.

This is the introduction of a series of posts with a focus on challenging ourselves. Creating ways to set new goals, learn new things, meet new people, and so on. Challenging ourselves is one thing. Following through the steps to challenge oneself and be able to see positive accomplishments is quite another. So I hope this series will be very useful in encouraging all of us (I'm including myself) to set new challenges in our lives.

This also marks the beginning of some personal challenges for myself. By writing about them (some of them) I think it will help to keep myself accountable. Plus, in some way I hope it will inspire you to challenge yourself.

"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are." ~ Bernice Johnson Reagon

No comments: