While I understand fear can be a great motivating factor at times, we allow fear to excuse inaction far too often. We should resolve today (not this coming New Year, but today) that we will no longer use the fear excuse when opportunities arise in our lives.
Fear is no excuse when it comes to...
- ... seeking a better job.
- ... talking to a friend or loved one about an addiction or problem in their life.
- ... overcoming a situation (living, job, etc.) that is painful, yet sufferable.
- ... pursuing the promotion we've always wanted.
- ... saying "I love you" to our loved ones (yes, some people have a hard time saying it).
- ... changing course when a change of course is needed.
- ... trying new food, music, or hobbies.
- ... learning something new.
- ... meeting new people and making true connections.
- ... quitting a bad habit or creating a good one.