Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Want To Send YOU Something


8500 : 8400
Originally uploaded by iammikeb

I'm terrible at sending cards. Birthday, sympathy, even thank you cards (to my detriment). If it has to go snail mail I move at a snail's pace at getting it sent. Sometimes it never gets sent, despite the best of intentions. I convince myself the verbal "thank you", "happy birthday", or "I'm so sorry to hear about your loss" is enough. It isn't. I realize this and have decided I need to do something about it. The first step in any recovery is admission, right?

A verbal "thank you" is nice, but there's something special about receiving a hand written note in the mail. I understand this. So I'm resolving to do something about it today. I already have a short list of people I have been needing to send notes and cards to. In fact, I've decided you can help too!

HOW YOU CAN HELP: In order to help me get into the habit of sending notes and cards again, I have decided to ask you to be a willing participant. I want to send you a card. Over the years I have collected various cards that I have never sent (I told you I've had good intentions). I am going to put them to good use once and for all. If you would like a little note or card in your mail, I'll take the time to send you something. I can promise you these will not be ordinary cards or notes. I'm not into the ordinary Hallmark cards.

No charge. No gimmicks. No tricks. Just a hand written note or card that may just come in the mail at the right moment. At the very least, I bet it will be nice to receive something other than junk mail or bills in your mailbox. Everyone wins!

Instructions:

  • Decide today that you would like some snail mail you can enjoy! Bills = ordinary. Cards = enjoyable.
  • Please don't leave your address on this site. E-mail it to me, along with your name. Send your address to: andrew.p.weaver@gmail.com
  • I will not use your address for anything else. Ever.
  • I realize some of you who read my blog are not in the United States. It's okay! I would love to send you (Scotland maybe? Hint, hint) some mail too.
  • I will mail them out as I receive each address.
  • Wait for your postman to arrive with your mail!
This is my challenge to myself. Let's get this thing started!

No comments: