When your management style is reactionary, there are some specific ways we will be able to recognize you.
- Your core beliefs on how to lead will be shaky.
- Your vision for your team will be murky at best.
- Your goals will either be non-existent or unattainable.
- Your operations will be in a constant state of emergency.
- Your ideas to improve the team will rarely improve the team long term.
- Your standard operating procedure for a crisis will be to apply the SMTP method.
It's not surprising. It’s not rocket science. It’s not revolutionary. It’s just what happens when you’re managing by the seat of your pants.