Originally uploaded by kevin russ
Sometimes it is best to keep life simple.
- Take the weekend off. Take the night off. Take the day off. Too often we work ourselves to the bone. Late nights. Early mornings. Skipped lunches. You name it, we'll often do it to gain some sort of perceived edge. Everyone needs to slow down and take time away from their job. Even you.
- Have some cookies and milk.
- Take a walk. Do so slowly while taking in your surroundings. The homes, nature, or whatever little details you happen to notice.
- Listen to music and do nothing else.
- Take a "Sunday drive". Remember those?
- Grab your camera and just start taking photos of whatever it is you see. Some of my best photos have come from spontaneous shoots.
- Write. Don't blog. Don't write a book. Pick up your notebook and just write what comes to you and see where you end up.
- Call an old friend you haven't talked to for a while and talk until your heart is content. Just like old times. I'm thinking I need to do this one.
- Turn off your television. Turn off your computer. Turn off your cell phone. Remove your distractions. Read. Talk to your wife. Talk to your husband. Talk to your parents. Talk to your children. Talk to your friend. Talk to your loved one. You'll learn more meaningful things from them than you would from most of your daily distractions.