"Good thoughts bear good fruit, bad thoughts bear bad fruit." ~ James Allen
It's simple, really. Almost too simple. Want to have a good day today? Start thinking a little more positively. Begin to look around you and notice the good things in your life. Stop being so negative. Resist the urge to complain, get irritated, or react with anger. Even when justified.
As humans we always try to complicate things. Simplicity is boring. Simplicity seems uninteresting. Surely there is some secret to having a good day that we don't know. People even make their living writing books about secrets you can discover that will help you have a good day, week, or even life. The interesting thing, is it's really quite simple. Here are a few simple things to think about while you decide to kick your day off right. Reading this in the middle of the day? Well, go ahead and turn today around, right now!
- Be thankful.
- Forget past wrongs.
- Forgive, even if the person doesn't seem to deserve it.
- Listen to someone.
- Ask questions in an effort to get to know someone.
- Be friendly.
- Greet people when you first encounter them.
- Listen to music that gets you feeling good. While writing this, I'm listening to Powerman by The Kinks. Always gets me in a good, upbeat mood for some reason.
- When you wake up, tell yourself you are going to stay positive.
- Continue to focus on being positive, even when things don't exactly go as planned.
- Be nice.
- Be courteous.
- Open a door for a stranger.
- Hug someone.
- Help someone.
"These are not dark days: these are great days -- the greatest days our country has ever lived." ~ Winston Churchill, as London was being bombed on a daily basis by Nazi Germany.