Don't mind me. Just thinking out loud over here.
- Sometimes the best move is to turn down an opportunity.
- "Business opportunities are like buses, there's always another one coming." ~ Richard Branson
- Do something each day that will stimulate some thought. It can be easy to get caught up in your routine and not stop to think for a moment. Do something to change the pace entirely. Read, write, or pause a moment to relax.
- Many like to say it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. I get the idea, but it's even easier to make the right decision in the first place.
- It's easy to think how you're told to think. Sarah Palin's a dunce. Obama's a socialist. The job you have is a dead end job. The job you have is to be envied. The hard part is knowing why you think the way you do. It can even be harder to explain it, but that's the point we need to all get to. Do you think it because the group says so? Do you think it because you are informed from many sources? Why is Sarah Palin a dunce? Why is Obama a socialist? Why? Don't just repeat what you're being told.
- Too many simply take what they're given.
- Unplug. You and I probably don't do that enough.
- As a leader, make your goals clear. Make sure your team knows what game is being played and the rules that they will be playing by.
- Inconsistency will always diminish your influence.
- Every organization benefits from increased accountability.
Bonus music because I'm in a good mood tonight.